This build started out quite bad!, I decided to apply the ‘wing’ tape to the foam board before any folding was done, as I thought, quite rightly, that it would be easier. The problem was I actually put the wing tape on the wrong side of the first wing I cut out! So I then reversed this wing, so it became the right wing, rather than the left, by re cutting the 50 percent score cuts on the other side. I then did the same on the second wing, transferring the cut score cut lines to the other side of the board. Given that, I was quite surprised how well the build proceeded.
The batteries I will be using are Turnigy 2200 3s 25s, and I found these protruded beyond the bottom of the wing, so I made up a small nose cone from 2 layers of foam board and actually used this to install some lead weights to give the plane the correct CoG. So that worked out rather well. The second mod was a small cover for the Rx, which is a Hobby King 6 channel unit that matches my Turnigy 9XR TX, but the connections come out of the top of this Rx and were slightly exposed, hence the cover, which is again two layers of foam board at the start, then a single layer tapered to the back and hinged so I can access the Rx if required. This also provides a small purchase point for launching. Bonus.
I am really looking forward to flying this, just as soon as the winds drop here in New Zealand. Talk about a windy summer!