I love electronics, and RC, so, why dont mix them up!
I had a Hobbyking 2.4ghz 6ch transmitter, and its a great starter radio, but the lack of model memories made me take the 2.4Ghz module off the radio, and program a new radio computer with an Arduino Uno.
The new TX has a few more extras than the original:
- 4 model memory (expandable..... i dont know how long, I only have 4 planes)
- 4 channels (expanded to 6 with the new arduino that arrives)
- Throtle cut switch
- Programmable dual rates for each channel
- Servo reversing
- Works on a 2S 1000mah LiPo battery
- 2x16 LCD with keypad (a standard arduino shield one)
- Wood enclosure (yeah, its a prototype)
- Expo, channel mixing, and anything you want can be programmed
If anybody is interested, in this link http://patolin.com/blog/2013/05/05/transmisor-de-2-4ghz-con-arduino/ you can find all the schematics, and the arduino code.
I think that this will be a great kit for DIY lovers, so I will be open to any comments, or ideas for include into the transmitter.