New to the R/C hobby?
Here's some resources to help get you up to speed!
Got glue?? Get Some Here!
FT SEA OTTER PLANS
FT SEA OTTER SPECS
- WEIGHT WITHOUT BATTERY: 15.1oz (428 g)
- CENTER OF GRAVITY: 2.75” (70 mm) from leading edge of wing
- CONTROL SURFACE THROWS: 12˚-16˚ deflection - Expo 30%
- WINGSPAN: 40 inches (1016 mm)
- RECOMMENDED MOTOR: Motor-EMAX CF2822 (Power Pack B)
- RECOMMENDED PROP: 8 x 4.5 slow fly
- RECOMMENDED ESC: 18 - 30 amp minimum
- RECOMMENDED BATTERY: 2250mAh 3s 35c Lipo Battery
- RECOMMENDED SERVOS: (4) 9 gram servos
The FT Sea Otter flies great in the air and looks great on the water. It was created with a simpler design for a better introductory sea plane experience.
The Sea Otter is built with Water-Resistant Foam Board and flies best in calm conditions.
Start by building the fuselage and tail section.
Assemble the wing and wing pontoon.
The motor pod on the Sea Otter is mounted higher to help with throttle management.
Assemble the canopy and reinforcements, and attach them to the your build. This will help keep the plane stable when taking off and landing.
Connect and install your electronics. Be sure to waterproof your electronics before installing them so you have a better flying experience. Check out our Waterproofing Electronics episode for helpful tips!
Check your CG and make adjustments as needed, then take it out for a maiden!