Simple FPV race pylons
This tutorial will walk you through how to make cheap (2 for less than $3), easy, quailty FPV race pylons that are great for 250 class races.
- Pool Noodles (any will work I got mine at Dollar Tree)
- Dollar Tree screw drivers (you get 2 for $1)
- Electrical or colored tape (optional)
A blurry photo of noddles and screw drivers.
- Put screwdiver in one end of the noodle with metal end sitcking out.
- (optional) Wrap Noodle in colored tape. <--- This will make it easier to see in FPV goggles.
One pylon with tape and one without. Personally I prefer the taped version.
These pylons are a ton of fun to use for FPV race courses, and are a good subsittute for feather flags. I find that they work well with disc cones, when designing race courses. If you happen to hit one with a multirotor, it will probably just bounce off. The most damage that these have ever done to my racer is a few broken props. I have also found that you can tape two together in the center to make a gate that will stand as long as it is not too windy.
Gate and pylons.
Thanks for reading!