This is second video in my Tarot FY680 Build series and it's all about power system and electronics. This is also my longest video ever packed with tons of information and tips.
This video covers rest of the build except propellers installation and it is most intimidating part of the build. You have to solder, route and organize wires, connect stuff... I hope this video will help you make multi-rotor builds an enjoyable and pleasant experience, rather that frustrating one.
Here is couple of eRC tips and tricks that will help you with electronics and power system builds in the future:
1. Always use Threadlocker when you have metal on metal contact, especially when mounting motors.
2. Set your soldering iron to about 370 °C. This is enough to work with thick 12 AWG wires, but it's not too much to damage sensitive power distribution boards.
3. Always use soldering paste. This helps creating good, long lasting solder joint.
4. Always tin wires, PCB boards and connectors before final soldering. This helps creating good, long lasting solder joint. Do this even if there's already a solder on the board. It's usually not the same type as yours so make sure you tin everything with your own solder.
5. If your Zip Ties are too short, use two to make them longer.
6. Add additional 26 AWG JST connections to the main power distribution board so that you have easy access to the main pack voltage for future accessories like LED's, FPV, Gimbal, Pivot Landing Gear etc.
7. Use heat-shrink tubing on connections that go into carbon fiber tubes to prevent accidental shorts.
8. Plug Male and Female connectors together before soldering whenever possible to prevent connector warping and plastic melting due to heat. This helps keeping contacts in place and increases heat dissipation.
9. Use multiple layers of double-sided tape when mounting main flight controller to increase vibration dampening.
DJI Naza V2 Full Set:
Foxtech 40A OPTO ESCs:
Foxtech S3508 700 KV Motors:
Futaba R7008SB Receiver:
30 cm Servo Extension Leads
12 AWG and 14 AWG Wires
Threadlocker (medium strength)
Male and Female JST Connectors
Male XT-60 Connector
3.5 mm Bullet Connectors
Tarot Power Distribution Board
2.0 mm Hex Screwdriver
3.0 mm Phillips Screwdriver
Video: Canon 600D/T3i - 18-55 mm Lens
Editing: FinalCut Pro X