3TI Glider [Swappable] Powered Flight.
Finally got the 3TI Glider up and flying with its' power pod and the thing flies great!
My first and immediate reaction to the glider was how the aircraft reacted with the combination of the high chambered wing under power. The Glider has a lot of lift, more than anticipated. I found myself having to keep a little forward stick to fly straight and level with higher levels of power. While gliding the plane flies straight and true. I plan on playing around with some elevator and throttle mixes to correct this behaviour.
The 3TI Glider has rudder and elevator and has plenty of directional authority while gliding or under power. When flying with the glider pod the aircraft really likes to float in the air. This characteristic makes for a great training platform. We had the wonderful opportunity to solo a young new pilot, just getting into the hobby, and all I can say is that he did amazing! Having a training platform like the 3TI Glider really allows us to prompt, build, and instill confidence in our new young pilot.
On his first solo flight he was able to do a High Start takeoff, learn directional flight flying patterns and then did a great soft and smooth landing, all without any assistance.
Based on his experience he’s already chomping at the bit to build and fly his own! HINT: The coming build video will be his build.
Overall the 3TI Glider flies great!
- Quick Build: The 3TI Gilder designed to be an easy and quick build. The entire build uses 4 sheets of foam board.
- Highstart & Power Pod ready: The highstart hook is really neat! Basically it’s about 4 inches of 1.5 mm piano wire bent and attached to a single popsicle stick then hot glued to the bottom of the chassis (more details in the coming build video).
- 60 inch wingspan
- 3 panels
- Center panel is 30 inches
- Outer panels are 15 inches attached to center panel with a 10 degree dihedral.
- Four sections
- Forward compartment (for pods)
- Aft compartment
- Tail appendage (control surfaces[rudder & elevator])
- Power/Glider Pod
- Overall weight: Around 1.2 lbs
Power Pod Combo
- Motor - NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv
- ESC - TURNIGY Basic 25A v3.1
- Battery - TURNIGY nano-tech 2200mah 3S
- Propeller - SF E-Prop 8x6
Glider Pod Combo
- 6 x fishing weights hot glued to the front of the pod (Amount will vary on build CG)
- Battery - Turnigy LSD 4.8v 2300mAh Ni-MH