IF YOU DECIDE TO DO THIS TO YOUR TRANSMITTER THIS CAN VOIDE YOUR WARRANTY! MAKE SURE THE ANTENNA IS SCREWED ON YOUR TRANSMITTER BEFORE YOU POWER IT ON! DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!
This modification is very easy to do and you only need a few materials. This is not legal in all countries so make sure you check your countries rules and regulations.
What we found with this modification is that it works very well when you have a circular polirized antenna and a high gain one. We found when you use two high gain the range does not increase. So we recommend using a circular polirized antenna and a high gain antenna.
- Can increase your range
- Can use antenna of your choice
- (In my opinion) Looks sweet
- Gives the ability to use circular polrized antannas
- Gives the ability to use high gain antennas
- still fits in case
- One extra step at the field to screw on antennas
- Forgeting to screw on antennas and cause things to overheat and break
- Makes remote more bulky
- 3d Printer
1) You are going to start out by removing all the screws on the back of the transmitter.
2) Take off the old antenna cover.
3) Be careful because there are wires between the top and bottom.
3) Pull off the old U.FL Adapters, then attach the new ones. Also attach the RP-SMA connector to the 3d printed housing.
4) Screw everything back togather and your all done!
If there is anything you can't figure make sure to check out the video! If anyone has any questions leave a comment below:)