The Flite Test team flies the Splash Drone 3 and attempts to catch some fish in today’s episode!
If the idea of flying your expensive drone over a body of water gives you nightmares, that’s a normal reaction. Most people would want to keep their investment out of harm’s way, but how in the world are you going to get those stunning shots of the splashing waves?
Enter Splash Drone 3—the “fully waterproof drone that floats.” Yes, you heard that right!
The most recent model made by Swell Pro has a myriad of features that are sure to make a drone videographer and photographer (and oh yeah, fisherman, too) happy!
What we liked
- Substantial weight/good size—Flies great for its size
- GPS locks in well
- Has horizon correction in the scroll wheel
- Industrial strength gimbals
- Redesigned flight controller, power systems, added remote
- Camera records up to 4K
- A second attachment is available for fishing—payload release mechanism and camera!
- Sacrifice a little flight time and maneuverability because it is a bigger quad
- Get analog signal on remote screen, not HD downlink
What do you think about the Splash Drone 3? Is it something you'd be interested in flying? How do you think it compares to other aerial photography/videography drones? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!