Have you been searching far and wide for a micro plane that you can throw into your trunk to be able to use on your lunch break or a fine afternoon at the park? Then look no further! The E-flite UMX Waco BL BNF Basic micro plane by Horizon Hobby is an incredible choice for a price that won't burn a hole in your pocket. Although we do suggest this for pilots that not only have their own transmitter, but also who are more at the intermediate to advanced level of flying. Check out some of our thoughts during the maiden flight.
What we liked
- Small, so can fly it in parks and keep it in the back of your car to take it out on a nice day!
- Box is a great carrying case
- AS3X (Artificial Stabilization) technology—little gyros automatically stabilizes in hard winds (you can turn off this feature if you prefer)
- The brushless motor has enough power to battle wind
- Sporty performance
- Can perform decent aerobatics
- Flight time: 10 minutes in high winds with Hyperion 2s 300mAh
- These are fairly delicate—which is to be expected from an ultra micro plane
- Doesn’t have SAFE technology (so no auto-level or bank angle limiters)
- More for intermediate to advanced pilots
- BNF (bind-n-fly) plane—it only comes with the plane and manual so that means you’ll need to get a transmitter, batteries and chargers
- Price: $129.99
- Weight: 3.5 oz (98 g)
- Length: 16.5 in (418 mm)
- Wing span: 21.7 in (550 mm)
- Motors: 180 UM Brushless 3000 kv
- Recommended Battery: 200-280 mAh 2s 7.4v Li-Po flight battery
- Full 4-channel control—elevator, ailerons, rudder and throttle
What are your thoughts about this ultra micro plane? What do you like the most?