Alex and Stefan fly the UMX Cessna 182 by Horizon Hobby for the first time in some pretty gusty winds!
What we liked
- Docile handling
- Flies well in the wind
- Officially licensed by Cessna—exact scale replica!
- AS3X (Artificial Stabilization) technology—little gyros automatically stabilizes in hard winds (you can turn off this feature if you prefer)
- SAFE technology—auto-level capabilities—limits the bank and pitch of the plane
- Great size to fly in small places
- A good plane for beginners, intermediate pilots and even expert pilots
- Decent flight time—approximately 12 minutes
- No programming required
- BNF (bind-n-fly) plane—it only comes with the plane and manual so that means you’ll need to get a transmitter, batteries and chargers
- These are fairly delicate—which is to be expected from an ultra micro plane
- Price: $129.99
- Weight: 4.6 oz
- Length: 20.3 in (516 mm)
- Wing span: 25 in (635 mm)
- Motors: Brushless 180 Outrunner 2500 kv
- Battery: Runs off 200-280 2s lipos
- Full 4-channel control—elevator ailerons rudder and throttle
- Steerable nose wheel
Have you flown the UMX Cessna 182? Which ultra micro plane is your favorite to fly? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!