This is a quick diagram of how I wire my HK MinimOSD v1.1 with my APM 2.5 + GoPro3 black + 5.8ghz 1000mw 7-13V video.
I think that its hard to find some solid answers on how to connect it to the APM 2.5. here I have some answers to some of the MinimOSD black magic.
Step by step:
1. get a MinimOSD v1.1 and a MINIUSB FTDI Basic USB PC Firmware Programmer Breakout.
2. Download all necessary software from the WIKI page (https://code.google.com/p/arducam-osd/downloads/list) both firmware and PC config tool.
3. connect and firmware update the MinimOSD. via PC config tool (remember to check USB COM port like with APM mission planner)
4. Set Adv. parameters like the WIKI (https://code.google.com/p/arducam-osd/wiki/Troubleshooting).
5. Master mode = NO telemetry Minim TX to APM RX // Slave mode = WITH telemetry NO Minim TX to APM RX in a Y-harness.
6. Connect your wires, my diagram is for a camera with its own battery. (GoPro3 B)
7. Customize your OSD in the "config tool" remember to press "save current tab" under each tab.
Hope this article helps claryfing some of the black magic involved. hopefully you shouldn't have to go on a wild goose chase like me.
By Christian Jensen Jeppesen