Here is an easy to build, cheap, and fun to fly 50mm EDF jet named, the Grunjet.
(flights on 4s)
(flight on 3s)
About the Grunjet:
This Plane is a 50mm EDF Sport jet that was designed to introduce people to jets without many of the bad characteristics that you typically get when you build/purchase a Ducted fan type aircraft. To begin with, it's quite inexpensive.When made from the ground up, It will cost you less than 80$ ready to fly. Minus your Radio and Transmitter. It has tons of power, unlike many jets out there, giving you the ability to do near endless vertical, and take off from the ground...without landing gear! The Grunjet also features large ailerons letting you pull off some very fast rolls, and giving you plenty of control at lower speeds.
- FMS 50mm 11 blade EDF
- 3s 1800mah 50c min. or 4s 1300mah 40c min.
- 40 amp esc
- Three 9g servoes
- 2 sheets of foam
- Rx Tx combo
- Wingspan: 29.5 in. (750 mm)
- Length: 30 in. (762 mm)
- Center of Gravity: 5 in. (127 mm) from leading edge of the wing
- Control Surface Throws: Low - 15˚ deflection|High - 24˚ deflection
- Weight without battery: 10.8 oz. (306 grams)
- All up weight: 16 oz. (453 grams)