Modified FT tricopter camera mount.
So David created an excellent camera mount design for tricopters; you can buy it at the FT store.
- M3 screw mount compatibility with the FPV manuals tricopter frame
- Ability to mount to my steel wire vibration dampening system using zipties
- Removed the bottom plate lamination in the original design and the frame mounts
- Made the camera mount plate wider and added a slot to accept my fatshark FPV camera
- Added strap slits for a battery strap
Mounting the cameras
As you can see the strap could be offset a little more to the left but other than that it looks pretty good. The Fat shark camera has a snug fit in its little slot. Hot glue or rubber bands hold it down securely.
Mounting the camera plate assembly
As you can see in this mess of wires, I have ziptied a double loop of steel wire on my tricopter hub to mount my camera plate.
Fasten the whole thing using zipties.
Tighten (sorry it's hard to capture the whole mounting solution).
Voila, the cameras are mounted using a laser cut bamboo plate, steel wire and zipties.
Ready for some Spring FPV!
Don't forget to rate this article and check out my other laser cut designs.