Josh and TJ had the chance to fly the Durafly Excalibur and test the full capabilities of it. Overall, we at Flite Test enjoy the smooth and fast flying of this airplane. We truly have never encountered a Durafly product we have disliked.
Things we liked
- Flew off 4-cell Hyperion batteries, which gave incredible power
- Set-up time about 15-20 minutes and super easy to assemble
- Glide capability is amazing
- Controls are ball-links
- Nice hatch mechanism—Josh tends to lose his a lot so this was quite a benefit
- Everything set up according to instructions and it flew beautifully
- It can carry a GoPro, however, we had to put a lot of tape on the prop to balance it out and remove vibrations
- This is definitely an intermediate to expert plane because of the power behind it
- The nose is plastic, so there’s a chance you may break it when landing—we suggest ordering an additional nose just in case
Wing span: 1600mm (63 inches)
Controls: 4 channel
ESC: Aerostar 60amp brushless ESC
Motor: 3542-800kv brushless outrunner
Overall, our flight was fun and memorable! Have you had the chance to fly the Excalibur yet? Share your experience with us in the comments below!