Here's how to program flapperons on your Spektrum transmitter, including speed and multi-angled options.
Adding flapperons to some appropriate models can be a great way to add a little more dynamic ability to an airplane's capabilities. If you don't have dedicated flaps, not a problem! You can simply deflect your ailerons down whilst retaining most of your roll authority. Here's how you set up flapperons on a Spektrum transmitter.
Today we’re going to be using a Spektrum DX9 and an FT Scout available on the Flite Test Store. You can use any model with large ailerons. We wouldn't recommend this for scale warbirds, jets and airplanes like that, but many of our FT designs work just fine. If you're unsure, ask someone on the Flite Test Forum.
1. Go into System Setup Menu
2. Click 'Aircraft Type'.
3. Set ‘Wing’ from ‘Normal’ to ‘ Flaperon'.
4. Go back to the function list. You should find a newly available page called 'Flap System’. Click on it.
5. Select the transmitter switch you want to operate your flaps with.
6. You can adjust throws of the flaps by changing the numbers referring to each position of the switch. You can also change the speed of the flap movement.
We hope this tutorial was helpful to you. If you would recommend it, hit that like button!
Article by James Whomsley
Editor of FliteTest.com
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/projectairaviation