Now that you built your 3-channel FT Simple Cub, we wanted to give you a few optional upgrades to make your flight experience even better!
With this upgrade, you will have the ability to control everything, including the aileron, throttle and rudder. (As always, watch video for details.)
- Make the ailerons.
- Make bevel cut and hot glue to reinforce.
- Assemble control horns.
- Rewire wing with all channels.
- Check all channels.
Faux Bomb Drop Upgrade
- Place servos.
- Place zip ties through designated holes and hot glue.
Faux Bomb Assembly
- Use two nickels as nose weights. Hot glue in the nose.
- Slide two pieces together and hot glue.
- Place zip ties.
- Fasten bombs to wing.
- Connect wires into servo.
- Clear out cavities.
- Hot glue doublers on etch lines.
- Line up middle piece—score cuts to holes.
- Make B fold and hot glue. Repeat on both sides.
- Make A fold on back and hot glue.
- Bevel cut front.
- Form first bottom piece and bevel cut.
- Hot glue first bottom piece.
- Hot glue second bottom piece.
- Reinforce with tape or hot glue.
- Bend landing gear wires.
- Place into doublers with hot glue.
- Reinforce with hot glue.
- Place barbecue skewers into smaller holes and hot glue.
- Place wires into bigger holes with hot glue.
- Make sure they’re even.
- Last but not least, place pontoon floats onto fuselage!
We hope you like these three upgrades! Share some of your own upgrades with us in the comments below!