GeeBee Sportster - swappable.
Built as a test fuselage in my 'Tribewt' build article - this plane finally got its wings, a paint job and a maiden.
There was a slight power issue at the start of each flight, with the prop only achieving full revs once the plane had picked up speed - which suggests to me the prop I was using had too much pitch. I'll reduce that for the next outing and see what happens. I'd rather sacrifice a little top speed in exchange for power-now! Though it may be that the motor will perform better in all areas with the reduced-pitch prop. Other than that it was a very satisfying series of flights. I'd like to be able to throw it about the sky a bit more, but I need a bit more time on the 'sticks' before I get that confident.
Another issue was excessive 'spring' in the landing gear - I tried a ground take-off, but the plane just leapt about like a kangaroo until it did a nose over.
To combat this I've stiffened the landing gear by cross-linking the top of the struts with an extra piece of piano wire bound on with thread and CA glue - hopefully that will make a difference.
In terms of scale it is what it is. I've tried for the 'look' of the plane and overall it's pretty close. Wingspan is a little less, and the tail surfaces a little larger.
Here it is ready for paint.
The 'blue' is sticky-back plastic. The front is polystyrene painted with 'pewter' acrylic.
Here's some extra cosmetic bits added after the maiden; a little headrest, some padding around the cockpit and a windscreen.
UPDATE - here's a link to plans for the plane; GeeBee Sportster Tribewt